PDA

View Full Version : Content Control Restrict Editing

jnix612
05-25-2017, 05:51 AM
Hi all, I created an application and used Content Control and I restricted editing with password protection. This form is designed to auto populate into Excel using a VBA code someone wrote on this forum (it works great).

But I'm looking at an application what was submitted and its no longer in the format of the original and when I click on "Restrict Editing" it is no longer password protected.

Do you know how someone can bypass my password and just type willy-nilly on the form?

gmaxey
05-25-2017, 06:14 AM
Someone can select all but the final paragraph of a protected document and paste it in a new document and that new document and its content now belongs to that person and your password stays in the original document. If they the save their document over yours then yours has no password or protection either.

jnix612
05-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Thank you. :hi:Crap for 2 reasons. I looked back at my original post and the typos, and crap I'm tired of constantly coming up with ways to get these international applicants to follow instructions. Every time I solve one problem they manage to find a work around and all because they are not reading instructions. I explain the purpose of the form and I specify do not take it out of the format............and yet!!!!!

I need to look at Acrobat.