PDA

View Full Version : Print Option Buttons pixelated

Timotheus142
05-28-2017, 07:25 AM
Hey guys,

has anyone of you ever encountered problems with printing the ActiveX option buttons/fields? When I save or print the file as pdf (no matter the program or function used, no matter if inside or outside word) the buttons get pixelated:

They look like this in the document:
And like this in the PDF

Ive tried opaque and transparent backgrounds, sizes, printing options....any idea? :)

Thanks in any way,

Timo

gmaxey
05-28-2017, 07:51 AM
It is probably just a difference the print driver that creates the display in Word and the print driver in the PDF application. I tried here with Word and Soda PDF. There was some difference but not as pronounced as yours.

What does this issue have to do with VBA?

Timotheus142
05-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the reply :). Did you also try it with the standard word "save as pdf"? In the end the file will be used on many different computers and this should result in a good output.

I donīt think that this is important, but if I turn off print drawing and print background, then I get only empty pdf pages (as long as the buttons are included). If I turn them on, everything displays fine except for the buttons (image above).

Yeah, you are totally right with that, somehow i just connected this forum with the issue because im always reading through here. Still though, the buttons are connected with VBA (and it is also a VBA using document) - might be helpful if using VBA on the buttons and they dont print correctly ;).

edit: You are right with the driver. On the printer, it looks fine. But built-in pdf is always pixelated for me. This can not be right, can it? :D

gmaxey
05-28-2017, 08:52 AM
SodaPDF is my default PDF program so I believe that Printing to PDF and Saving to PDF would be the same. However I did try it,

Timotheus142
05-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Yeah, itīs less pixelated than with my driver, but still a sharp look would be nice for a built in element? Guess Iīm gonna with the Checkboxes then, these look fine :/. I canīt find any solution for making the buttons look nice with different drivers etc.