PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a Paragraph with the Same Formating

heedaf
07-19-2017, 09:12 AM
I've got a paragraph with some words that are struck through and I would like to modify the paragraph (removing some words) and then replace the paragraph with the new modification and maintain the same formatting. I know I could do this with copy and paste but that would be too slow. Is there a way of doing this with a range (or something else)? Everything I've tried removes the formatting.

heedaf
07-19-2017, 06:27 PM
Using oRng.formattedText works - but not for what I'm trying to do. I'm converting a document that comes over as a "section: 1" and I need to change it to "Header 1" when this is done I loose the formatting for header title. So I thought I can use formattedtext to store the formatting in a range but I can't place this text/formatting back to the same range. I can anywhere else (oRng.text = oRng.text does work - which is strange). Does anyone have any idea how I can change a heading and preserve the formatting on the title?

set NewRange = oRng.FormattedText
oRng.FormattedText = NewRange
Even using:

Set MyRange = oRng.FormattedText
Selection.FormattedText = MyRange
Doesn't work.

gmayor
07-19-2017, 08:28 PM
You can remove words from a selection without affecting the formatting, but if manual formatting is applied to the selection or parts of it , changing the style by any method will follow the rules relating to styles.

Sub Macro1()
'Graham Mayor - http://www.gmayor.com - Last updated - 20 Jul 2017
Dim oRng As Range, oSel As Range
Set oRng = Selection.Paragraphs(1).Range
'oRng.Style = "Heading 1"
Set oSel = Selection.Paragraphs(1).Range
With oSel.Find
Do While .Execute(FindText:="dolore") 'the word or phrase to remove
If oSel.InRange(oRng) Then
oSel.Text = ""
oSel.Collapse 0
Else
GoTo lbl_Exit
End If
Loop
End With
lbl_Exit:
Set oSel = Nothing
Set oRng = Nothing
Exit Sub
End Sub

heedaf
07-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Thank you for the reply! So there is no easy way to restore the formatting once the style has changed the formatting?