PDA

View Full Version : VBA: Match string and color substring

jadgon
08-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Match string with USA sheet and color substring in other sheets

Bob Phillips
08-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel offended by what I consider to be laziness by the OP to just throw up a few words and a workbook and leave us to figure out exactly what he means and what he wants?

mdmackillop
08-02-2017, 04:14 PM
I've raised this with him by PM

Tom Jones
08-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel offended by what I consider to be laziness by the OP to just throw up a few words and a workbook and leave us to figure out exactly what he means and what he wants?

Same question here:

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?60022-VBA-color-given-data-with-given-color

jadgon
08-04-2017, 02:22 AM
My apologies Xld and to all for unclear question with few words. I will take care of it further.
Tom Jones: My apologies not same excel book. And this resulted because I have written a question with few words where nothing is clear.

jadgon
08-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Let me try to clarify:

1. Sheet named USA is a reference sheet and will contains multi para long strings.
Each string in the sheet is given an unique color.

2. In other sheets long string is there. This sheets can be in any number and string can appear in any row or column; any where; may be multiparagraphed.

3. I am looking for a VBA to find match (to color upto four continuous cheracter) in other sheets that is matching with the reference sub-strings.

4. If the reference sting is long then VBA will "match discountinuous parts of reference matching sub-string" and will use the color of the reference string.