PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Converting NUMERICAL VALUE into WORDS

DavG63
09-08-2017, 03:51 AM
Hi

I've asked a variation on this question in the past and everyone was really great in helping me to figure out how to convert a numerical string added into a Userform into words.

For the purposes of the below example the number is entered into ComboBox1.

If Me.ComboBox1.Value <> vbNullString Then
Dim iSumOne As String
iSumOne = Me.ComboBox1.Value
oVars("SumOnePounds") = Split(iSumOne, Chr(46))(0)
If InStr(1, iSumOne, Chr(46)) > 0 Then
oVars("SumOnePence") = Split(iSumOne, Chr(46))(1)
Else
oVars("SumOnePence") = vbNullString
End If
If Me.ComboBox1.Value = vbNullString Then
iSumOne = vbNullString
oVars("SumOnePounds") = vbNullString
oVars("SumOnePence") = vbNullString
End If
End If

This works as it should for me when the resultant variables appear in my document:-

{IF {DocVariable SumOnePounds }="Error!*" "" {IF {DocVariable SumOnePounds } > 0 "{DocVariable SumOnePounds \*Cardtext \*Upper } POUNDS" }} {IF {DocVariable SumOnePence}="Error!*" "" {IF DocVariable SumOnePence} > 0 "And {DocVariable SumOnePence \*Cardtext \*Upper} {If {DocVariable SumOnePence } = 1 "PENNY" "PENCE" }}}

However a number of people who have used the final document have noted that the text result doesn't read quite how they need it if the number entered is over £100,000.

For example, if the sum entered is £125,000 it converts to:-

ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS

Whereas they would like it to read:-

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS

It's a tiny grammatical change but it's one that I've struggled to implement.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make that work I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks very much

Dav

macropod
09-08-2017, 05:43 AM
See my reply of May 7, 2012 in: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/how-to-spell-out-numbers-in-microsoft-word/5f52afeb-eb33-4a9a-9542-3ab302c9514b