PDA

View Full Version : Solved: New Day, New Project

tonyrosen
11-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Have I ever mentioned that I'm not really like this ... ha!

"yes/no" question .... I'll find out how later ... :)

Is it possible to have two dropdowns (say, DD1 and DD2) where DD2's list is dependent on DD1's selection?

mvidas
11-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Hi Tony,

Since you only want a yes/no answer now, yes!

I'll post an example later (very near future) :)
Matt

tonyrosen
11-17-2005, 08:36 AM
After I read that ....

How long would you estimate it would "normally" take (for a project estimate)?

mvidas
11-17-2005, 08:41 AM
After I read that ....

How long would you estimate it would "normally" take (for a project estimate)?Not sure I understand what you're asking...?

Is it later yet? You could put something like this in the _Change event of the first drop down, to change the choices available in second drop down
Private Sub DD1_Change()
DD2.Value = ""
Select Case DD1.Value
Case "Choice1"
DD2.ListFillRange = "A1:A3"
Case "Choice2"
DD2.ListFillRange = "B1:B3"
Case "Choice3"
DD2.ListFillRange = "C1:C3"
Case Else
DD2.ListFillRange = "D1:D3"
End Select
End SubMatt

tonyrosen
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow ... that quick, huh? If this were ASP or PHP, I could write it up that quick ... I'll just go sulk in my VBA book and try to stay away from the Dark Side.

mvidas
11-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Well writing it in asp wouldnt be too much different, unless you'd be controlling it with js. then again I associate asp with vbs, as I think in vb sometimes. Php is like spanish to me -- I can stumble my way through it if I'm reading it, but I cant write it or speak it :)

jolivanes
11-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi tonyrosen

Did you happen to read firefytr's reply in yesterdays thread?

lucas
11-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Andy_UK has one in the kb that might be what your looking for...click here (http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=117)

If your looking for something that doesn't use vba, take a look at the attachment. Select fruits or vegies in the first dropdown...then make selection in second dropdown....hope I understand your question.