PDA

View Full Version : Database Sending Info to VB App

Vassago
11-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello all,

I would like to have a database that imports information from a text file...modifies it...and sends the information one record at a time to a third party vb application to be entered into their system. What I have is a database that gets all the way to the last step. I need some help making the database send this information to the vb application. Would sendkeys be a good option for this? If so, how can I make this vb application keep the focus for the sendkeys to prevent another application from taking the focus? Does anyone have a better way?

Please help!

Vassago

geekgirlau
11-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Can you create a reference to the third party vb app? Sendkeys should only ever be a last resort, as it's extremely unreliable.

Vassago
11-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Can you create a reference to the third party vb app? Sendkeys should only ever be a last resort, as it's extremely unreliable.

Thanks for the response...

How would I go about doing that? I'm very new to referencing outside programs and have only had to send information database to database before. I know sendkeys is unreliable, which is why I'm looking for any possible better ideas like yours. Can you give me an example I can do research on?

Thanks!

Vassago