PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] VLOOKUP and skip blanks

saied
10-14-2017, 05:28 AM
Hello all,

i have a sheet of more then 1000 journal entries and i want to print each entry in a separate sheet but it is very complicated for me to do that, so i need your help.

the master sheet that i have contains more than 100 expense and other ledgers, so i want all cells to fill automatically (exp. ledger name, Dr and Cr) by only inserting entry num.

thanks

p45cal
10-15-2017, 09:44 AM
see attached.

p45cal
10-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Oh groan… you've cross posted without telling us:
https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1026766-vlookup-skip-blanks.html

Please follow netiquette (actually rules).
See http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184

saied
10-15-2017, 11:48 AM
first i apologize for this, the reason that no one find a solution to the issue and i didn't know the rules.

second i would like to thank you very much this formulas work perfectly but i have one question, what i have to do if i have a sheet containing more than this columns (expenses)? what i have to change?

thanks

p45cal
10-15-2017, 12:03 PM
first i apologize for this, the reason that no one find a solution to the issue and i didn't know the rules.It would be a very good idea to provide a link to here at the mrExcel thread. They have the same rules. Rules are there to be read (and even followed sometimes).

i have one question, what i have to do if i have a sheet containing more than this columns (expenses)? what i have to change?Probably quite a lot. It depends on the layout of the data, and what you want to see as a result. We need a more representative workbook.

saied
10-15-2017, 12:35 PM
It would be a very good idea to provide a link to here at the mrExcel thread. They have the same rules. Rules are there to be read (and even followed sometimes).

OK this already done.

Probably quite a lot. It depends on the layout of the data, and what you want to see as a result. We need a more representative workbook.

My work book is in Arabic language and i translated the above workbook as example i think it will be difficult to you to handle it, so i will try to do it myself and if i can't i will back to you.

thanks