PDA

View Full Version : Fun Stuff - System Tray Icon for a userform

mvidas
11-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi All,

While playing around, trying to figure out how to create/control a system tray icon for a userform for a question someone asked on another site, I created a file for that person. Since it is definately interesting/intruiging, I thought I'd post it here. I could add it to the KB, but since so much is going on with it, it might not be easy to add (since it uses a user form and a module). Also, I don't have all the examples I'd like to put in it (well, one example--a menu for the icon), so I'm just gonna post what I have here. Have fun

Matt

Killian
11-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Nice job :thumb
Definately a KB entry - just mark it as "Advanced" :yes

Ken Puls
11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Matt,

Very cool! I can't think of an application for it at the moment, but still it is cool! :)

Amanda1
11-22-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi

I have got an immediate use for it - thanks Matt.

Take care & yes I think it should go into the KB too.

Amanda

Ivan F Moala
11-22-2005, 01:53 AM
For an explanation and full example on how to do this look here

http://www.xcelfiles.com/Userform_SystemTray.html

Includes right click options.

MVidas

You should handle the Queryclose incase the User closes the form via the Menu X close button or the System Menu.

When you are hooking or subclassing you really need to make sure you Call the original WNDPROC as this function processes messages sent to the window, and we need to handle all other messages, just in case.........

mvidas
11-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Ivan! I'll get looking at that right now, and working your suggestions into it! Many thanks!