PDA

View Full Version : Filtering dates

austenr
11-23-2017, 07:09 PM
I'm trying to filter between dates on the WB attached and the code below and I'm stuck. I think my ranges are off either in the subs or in the Name Manager or both. I know the code only deals with one date and not two. Not sure how to modify it to two dates.

Sub ApplyFilter()Dim wsDL As Worksheet
Dim wsO As Worksheet
Dim rngAD As Range
Set wsDL = Sheets("DateList")
Set wsO = Sheets("Time")
Set rngAD = wsO.Range("AllDates")
'update the list of dates
wsDL.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.ClearContents
'rngAD.Offset(-1, 0).Resize(rngAD.Rows.Count + 1).Select
rngAD.AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:="", _
CopyToRange:=wsDL.Range("A1"), Unique:=True
wsDL.Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Sort _
Key1:=wsDL.Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes
'filter the list
wsO.Range("Database").AdvancedFilter _
Action:=xlFilterInPlace, _
CriteriaRange:=wsO.Range("A3:B3"), Unique:=False
End Sub

Sub RemoveFilter()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveSheet.ShowAllData
End Sub

p45cal
11-24-2017, 04:13 AM
In the attached is a button at cell F1 of the Time sheet which runs a macro containing the single line:
Range("A6:F26").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:=Range("H1:H2"), Unique:=False
All hard-coded, for you to adapt.
Note that:
Advanced filter wants to see a range for the CriteriaRange, not textboxes
The filtered range must include the headers
The CriteriaRange must include a row at the top for headers (in this case a blank cell as I've used a formula(cell H2))

austenr
11-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Thanks so much. Two Questions. I need to have this work on a range other than a fixed range and secondly a way to release the filter . Thanks again.

p45cal
11-25-2017, 07:47 AM
I need to have this work on a range other than a fixed rangeWe'll need info on how the range can vary; will it always start in a given row? Will there be a constant number of columns? Will it always be on a given sheet? etc. etc.

and secondly a way to release the filter.You already have that in your RemoveFilter() macro.

austenr
11-25-2017, 08:25 AM
We'll need info on how the range can vary; will it always start in a given row? Will there be a constant number of columns? Will it always be on a given sheet? etc. etc.

You already have that in your RemoveFilter() macro.
I’m worked on it and almost have it where I want it except for one thing. When the Weekly Report button gets ran the Outlook emails that get produced have all the rows for each person but what I need to do is have them show just the filtered rows by date

I suspect that the function or sub that is called when the Weekly Report button is clicked undoes the filter done by date.

If if I can get this to do the outlook email part with the date filter to act correctly I’ll be all set.

Many thants to yoy you and Paul and Ken Hobbs for helping.

p45cal
11-25-2017, 10:02 AM
I suspect that the function or sub that is called when the Weekly Report button is clicked undoes the filter done by date.If you attach an updated file to show your current code we can probably help.

austenr
11-25-2017, 10:19 AM
here ya go

p45cal
11-25-2017, 11:31 AM
You were trying to add an Autofilter on top of an Advanced filter and it was the Autofilter which was unhiding previously hidden rows (by Advanced filter).
Try the attached, comments in the code.
Whether you use the Filter by dates only button is up to you - it doesn't change the output of Send Weekly Report button.

austenr
11-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Thanks that works wonderfully. Much appreciated.