PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Outlook 2000 Won't Send

Zack Barresse
08-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Hi,

In attempting to setup my new laptop ( :cool ) I've got Outlook 2000. It received mail just fine. The email account is POP3 server (vbaexpress.com ;) ). It just won't send any messages. I don't know what's going on, I push the Send/Receive button, mail is received, yet sits in the Outbox. Anybody have any pointers/ideas? I know next to nothing about OL. Thanks.

jamescol
08-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Zack,
Sounds like your Outgoing SMTP server configuration isn't setup properly. Double-check that you entered the correct server. If that doesn't reveal or resolve the problem, take a look at your Application event log for any errors being logged. Post them here or send me a PM with the errors and I'll see what else we can do.

James

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah, double check the smtp address to make sure it is exactly correct. Also can you send email from another computer to test if there is some other setup problem on this laptop?

Zack Barresse
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Okay, I really meant that I know nothing about OL. LOL :D

What is the exact SMTP address supposed to be? (Do you need to pm me that info??) I'm just lost here. I just want to receive my VBAX mail through OL 2000 at home on my laptop, and I don't know how to do it. I'm so darn frustrated with this thing. This is the reason I have never used OL. (Really only because of testing w/ Excel that I have it) Pathetic, aren't I.

Please, please, please walk me through this. Take my hand, lead me to water, let me drink then put me to bed. LOL Seriously, I need help.

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Go to Tools | Email Accounts

Then look for the pop3 and smtp3 address. I believe they should be

www.lunarpages.com (http://www.lunarpages.com)

If not I can check for sure when I get home.

then put your username and password in and you should be set.

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Ohh and

PoP3 is Post Office Protocal Version 3 (for receiving mail)
SMTP is Simple Mail Transfer Protocal (for sending mail)

mark007
08-04-2004, 01:41 AM
Both should be:

capricorn.lunarpages.com

per post 1 in

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49&page=1&pp=20

In Outlook 200 you need to go to Tools>Services In the listbox will be at item called Internet Email - VBA Express or something like that deopending on what you origibally called it.

Select this and go to properties. You will then get a dialog box that has several tabs. On the Servers tab make sure the incoming and outgoing mail servers are both as above and your account name is xxx@vbaexpress.com

:)

Zack Barresse
08-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Ah-ha, username I got ok, but both POP3 incoming and SMTP outgoing were 'vbaexpress.com'. You know, I really should have went back to that post mark provided and read it. That would save me a little more face.

I'll try it first thing when I get home. Thanks guys!

Zack Barresse
08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
OK. still having issues here. What I have:

both POP3 & SMTP are as mark stated above. Username is zack+vbaexpress.com, password ******.

Still not sending my mail in my outbox. Grrr, this is frustrating. Any other ideas? Things I could check? Btw, I'm connected over a lan to the internet. I still receive just fine also. Would I be considered a disgrunted 'postal' employee? :D

Anne Troy
08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Not all ISPs will allow you to send via the *3rd party* server, such as VBAX.
Try using your ISP's outgoing mail server.

So, incoming is vbax
Outgoing is smtp.whateverisp.com

ALaRiva
08-04-2004, 06:13 PM
OK. still having issues here. What I have:

both POP3 & SMTP are as mark stated above. Username is zack+vbaexpress.com, password ******.

Still not sending my mail in my outbox. Grrr, this is frustrating. Any other ideas? Things I could check? Btw, I'm connected over a lan to the internet. I still receive just fine also. Would I be considered a disgrunted 'postal' employee? :D
Change POP3 and SMTP Servers to:
mail.vbaexpress.com

Same thing for both. Then try that.

HTH

Zack Barresse
08-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Ok, Anne has saved me from the Devil OL clutches!!! It's working! You know what it was? It was a setting under Tools -> Options -> Mail Delivery, I did not have 'Send messages immediately when connected' checked. Checked that and off the mail went!

Well, that was simple. LOL Thanks everyone for your help (James, Jake, Mark, Anthony, Anne) I really appreciate it!!!!! :D