PDA

View Full Version : Using Macro to Pull in New Data Every Month

greyfox
01-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Hello,

I have attached a subset of data I am looking into, and since this is a monthly analysis, I would try using macros for ease and to learn more about VBA.

In this subset of data, I have two collections of data that extends further out by the dates. What I would like to do is pulled data in from the second sheet into the first sheet with use of a macro. What makes things complicated is I have cells in blue that have formulas that need to be shifted down one cell and over one cell at the end of each month. Also have the orange cells that need to be shifted down to make room for the data coming in. For example, when I added in December data, what I normally do is just copy the blue cells into the down one, over one respective cell. Then copy and paste the orange down. and do a copy and special paste from the second sheet into the first sheet. This will continue in triangle fashion each month. I have also include in the subset what the desire result should look like in the first sheet.

After researching some vba, I thought about doing loops, however it will only work in that current session and not every month (since I only work in this file a few days a month). I then thought about trying to find the max date in the second file and then paste those data points into the first sheet. But my result was coming up as empty cells.

I would appreciate any help or advice into going about coding this. Thank you!