PDA

View Full Version : How to edit non viewable Macros

Venus
11-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Is there anyway you can edit Macros if the macros are protected and I don't have the password?:dunno

Ken Puls
11-24-2005, 10:47 PM
First off, Venus, welcome to VBAX.

With regards to your question... here's the thing. If you don't have the password, we would naturally have to assume that you don't really have the authorization from the original source to do this.

Can it be done? Yes. The project would need to be hacked in some manner to get to the code, though.

fumei
11-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Sssssshhhh! No Venus, it can NOT be done.

matpen
01-22-2006, 05:08 AM
I have a way but I don't know if I am allowed to put it here :cool:

TonyJollans
01-22-2006, 05:40 AM
Hi Venus, matpen,

Welcome, both of you, to VBAX!

If I approached you on the street and asked for help to get into a locked house would you help me? Or would you think, perhaps, that my intentions were not entirely honourable?

Of course it is possible to break in to protected macros. And, of course, no honourable person will help you, and no honourable site will allow it either.

So, Venus, ask the owner for permission and the password.
And, No, matpen, you are not allowed to post help in this area.

matpen
01-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Thank you tony!

I am completely with you.

There are two situations, the one you described (street) and also the one where a teacher has to show to his honest young apprentice how to overcome a blocked door (password) that has to be opened legally and honestly (lost key, password etc..). Since it is not possible here to see clearly in which scenario we might be, no answer has been given! (Correct or erroneous)

My first thought was that we were in a forum (virtual classroom), which ?must? forces one to consider ?only? the positive situation first. I am sorry that I was not even able to do that!

There is a lot to say about all this, but again this forum is for VBA, not philosophy, moral or religion...

TonyJollans
01-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Thank you for your understanding, matpen.

One issue is that this is a public forum; whatever Venus's circumstances may be, any posted solution is available for all to see.