PDA

View Full Version : Create Power point presentation from multiple excel files

tommy1234
01-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Hello
I have a monthly presentation that contains at least 90 slides which takes me 3-4 days of work :banghead:
I would like to automate this process.
The presentation is based on data from 3 folders for each project (i have at least 30 projects)
1. Operational data folder.
2. Budget folder.
3. Ms- Project folder.

I would like to merge the data in the following way :
1.open "Operational data folder" open project x and copy a range of cells (which is always the same) and paste it as a picture to my presentation with headline from a row in the excel file.
add new slide the copy data from specific rows in my excel and paste it into 2 text place holders in my slide.
2.open "Budget folder" open project x and copy a range of cells (which is always the same) and paste it as a picture to my presentation with headline from a row in the excel file.
3.open "Ms- Project folder" open project x and copy the the schedule and paste it as a picture to my presentation with headline as file name.
Thanks a lot

SamT
01-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Is this right?

1) open "Operational data folder" open x.xlsx
1) a: copy a range of cells from any old WorkbooK on the hard drive, Sheets("Operational Headlines") wherein Column "A" is an index with Values X_text1, X_Text_2, Y_text1, Y__text2, and Z_text1, Z_text2, Etc

2) open "Budget folder" open x.xlsx
2) a: copy a range of cells from any old Workbook. Sheets("Budget Headlines") wherein Column "A" is an index with Values X_text1, Y_text1, and Z_text1, Etc

3) open "Ms- Project folder" open x.xlsx and copy the the schedule on sheets("Sheet1")

.Did I get all the workbook names, sheet names and cell values correct?

tommy1234
01-17-2018, 07:51 AM
Hi

i'll try to explain myself in a better way :
1) open "Operational data folder" open x.xlsx - there are some files so i need to loop between some worksheets in each excel workbook (there are many workbooks) ,copy data and paste it as a picture to Powerpoint slide with some text as an headline.
one of the worksheets contain data that i have to copy as text to "text place holders" on my powerpoint presentation.
in the end the data from this folder will create 2 slides in my powerpoint (1- headline with picture 2- headline with data inside place holder).
after that i have to close the workbook without savint it and move to another one.
2) open "Budget folder" open x.xlsx - there are some files so i need to loop between some worksheets in each excel workbook (there are many workbooks) ,copy data and paste it as a picture to Powerpoint slide with some text as an headline.
after that i have to close the workbook without savint it and move to another one.
3) open "MS-Project folder" open ms-project file (not excel). and copy its schedule as a picture to my powerpoint.

Thank you

tommy1234
01-24-2018, 06:39 AM
Hello
Can someone help me to solve my problem ?

Thanks