PDA

View Full Version : Add ins Order

Maka
11-25-2005, 08:29 AM
HI, i have created som addins and usually I create a menu on the CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar") bar and its getting crowded so i decided to group them all in a popupbutton when the Group addin is installed but im not sure how to rearrange the way tha addins are installed, the ones that are installed before appear as independent menus on the mentioned bar and those that come after appear as buttons in the group menu popupbutton (as i want). is there any way i can control the way (order) addins are installed or do i have to do this by code inside the group addin by deleting the ones that are installed and loading them again? thanks

Zack Barresse
11-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi there!

They are installed in alphabetical order, by their filename. :)

So if you wanted one to start them all, you could name your addin something like this ..

1_MyAddin.xla

TonyJollans
11-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I can't say for Excel but in Word they are loaded in reverse alphabetical order.

It is not, however, possible to guarantee the order of all the code which runs as Word does not wait for code in one AddIn to finish before loading the next and it depends what the code does. For example, if one AddIn is waiting for a user response, code in others still runs.

If you want to be certain of the order in which things run, control it yourself.