PDA

View Full Version : Office 12

Paleo
11-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi guys,

finally I was accepted as a beta tester and had time to download it, so I ask if there is anyone else around here that is testing it to exchange experiences. Is there?

Bob Phillips
11-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Hi guys,

finally I was accepted as a beta tester and had time to download it, so I ask if there is anyone else around here that is testing it to exchange experiences. Is there?

I am.

debauch
11-25-2005, 01:41 PM
I watched the webcast on office 12. From what I understand, there is not many *new* features in excel, but they have made some things more accessible to the average user.
The speaker said something to this effect, "When asking people what they wanted us to change or add in excel, truth is, 9 out of 10 things were already there, only they did not know, how or where to look". I thought that was interesting.
I am all for office 12, anything easier to use is obviosuly better, but it did not seem like a major upgrade. Don't mess with a good thing, right ?

Bob Phillips
11-25-2005, 03:25 PM
I watched the webcast on office 12. From what I understand, there is not many *new* features in excel, but they have made some things more accessible to the average user.

Are you joking? Take a look at the blogs http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx

mark007
11-27-2005, 06:55 PM
The new word file format is the thing I'm most excited about!

Would love to see a copy of the beat - are they still looking for testers?

Paleo
11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I dont think so Mark.

I found some bugs already, mostly on the pictures manager and exporting features, but yes its a great upgrade!

I just didnt find the Visual Basic tool bar yet. Did you xld?

In some hours I will be going to TechEd, so when I am back I will post some more things about it.

debauch
11-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Is it only possible to test if you are a MSDN subscriber ?

Paleo
12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Its not available for MSDN subscribers, at least not in my country. You need to sign in beta.microsoft.com to become a beta tester.