PDA

View Full Version : Control Panel using a userfom and hide workbook

gotid
01-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Hello ,
i need to make a control panel so i can open diferent workbooks using command buttons on a userfom.
that part i can manage.
what i cant do is...
i would like that, when i open this file, it will show only the userform and when i tried to open other workbooks they will work properly.
i´ve tried several codes but when i hide the active workbook it will hide all worbooks.

Would appreciate very much any help.

Hightree
01-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Hello ,
i need to make a control panel so i can open diferent workbooks using command buttons on a userfom.
that part i can manage.
what i cant do is...
i would like that, when i open this file, it will show only the userform and when i tried to open other workbooks they will work properly.
i´ve tried several codes but when i hide the active workbook it will hide all worbooks.

Would appreciate very much any help.

Hightree
01-21-2018, 07:23 AM
'When used in a workbook this makes Excel invisible.
Application.Visible = False

SamT
01-21-2018, 08:54 AM
i would like that, when i open this file, it will show only the userform
I don't think that is possible, because any Userform is a Child of it's Workbook.

hide the active workbook it will hide all worbooks.
Whichever Workbook is Active, and full screen, will "hide" all other Workbooks.

Abput the closest you can come to the first requirement is to modify the Excel Menus to hide all menus, use Windows API calls to hide the TitleBar and show the UserForm at the same size as he Excel Window Pane. This is difficult and you must be very careful to restore Excel when the UserForm's Parent Book is inactive. This is beyond my abilitiy and I wn't go any farther on the subject, except to say that I would learn to use MS Visual Basic to create a stand alone Application to replace Excel for this purpose. This would also satisfy your second requirement.