PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Timesheet Workbook I know exactly what I need !

mommy2aboss
01-30-2018, 02:50 PM
I know exactly what I want i just need someone to help me out with the VBA's please I am trying to get Timesheets to auto-populate based on information on a master sheet in the workbook.

mommy2aboss
01-30-2018, 02:59 PM

SamT
01-30-2018, 03:48 PM
I know exactly what I want
But we don't. In fact, we are clueless.

We build things here. I know you can't drive down the street see the structures, but we build things in the same process you do. We start by developing a plan from the given details. If a detail is missing, we can't make good plans.

At this point in our conversation. we're at the point you would be if someone came to you and said, "We want a switching station at First and Main. When can you start and How Much?"

BTW, I had 20+ years in construction, Residential, Commercial, and mostly Civil. I got into VBA as a means to automate my own office. My last Employee job was Project Foreman for Swinerton and Walberg, NKA Swinerton Builders. My current office is just 180m west of your Corp HQ.

May I suggest that you edit your post to remove that workbook and replace it with one that has all personal and proprietary information R&R'ed. Either just delete it or overwrite all instances with "lorem ipsum" or "***xx."

Be aware that all VBA must reside in *.xlsm and *.xlsb workbooks, NOT *.xlsx files

mommy2aboss
01-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Thanks I appreciate your feedback. I am new to this and know this is something fairly simple in the VBA world I had a workbook done previously by someone else and it took them about a whole 20 minutes. I know it is not difficult once I am able to explain it. I need a workbook to generate timesheets based off of information on a master sheet.

SamT
01-30-2018, 04:10 PM
Create a Master sheet with some dummy information, then create a Timesheet based on that information. Be sure we can know where each particular bit of data on the timesheet came from on the Master sheet. Save that workbook as a "Macro Enabled Workbook."

Thank you for deleting that first attachment.

SamT
01-30-2018, 04:29 PM
"Good night, Gracie"
See you tomorrow.

paulked
01-30-2018, 10:40 PM
Hi mommy2aboss, welcome to the forum.

As SamT says, we need information before we can do anything.

YOU may know exactly what you want, but at this moment all we know is that you

need a workbook to generate timesheets based off of information on a master sheet.

From this information we could present you with loads of different workbooks, but it's a good guess that not one would be suitable to your needs.

Think of asking for a new outfit for a special occasion, would you be so vague?

I like this:

I am new to this and know this is something fairly simple in the VBA world I had a workbook done previously by someone else and it took them about a whole 20 minutes.

It's like me saying "I am new to construction and my home extension took someone 3 weeks to build, so I know you can build me an effluent plant for the City quickly, go ahead please"

Conclusion: Please, again with what SamT is saying, provide detailed information of what you require.

Cheers

Paul Ked