PDA

View Full Version : Security

anarki37
02-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Hello.
I've created macro vba in order to full fill a PDF. The macro vba create a FDF file with the data writen in the Excel. The vba works perfectly. The pdf is automatically full fill thanks to my macro vba.
I have to defend my project in front of an assembly. I think they gonna ask me if Excel macro vba has got security problem or issues....what arguments I have to tell them to convince them. When I say security i mean general security linked to vba language.
And what about Excel....is there any reason for my boss to be preoccuped with my vba macro about security ?
thanK U very much for your help.
Regards.

SamT
02-20-2018, 12:53 PM
VBA has no security. MS Office has almost no security.

All VBA Security can be defeated by merely disabling macros. All MS Office security can be defeated with numerous free 3rd party applications.

One can prevent very naive and uneducated persons from doing certain things to the VBA Project.

ashleyuk1984
02-21-2018, 08:16 AM
I believe the default Macro setting is: "Disable all macros with notification".

Meaning that any excel files that contain macros won't automatically run, unless you click on that yellow bar that says "Enable Macros".

This is good enough for most people. As long as your not stupid enough to click on Enable Macros on a file that's come from an unknown source.

Your macro will still run perfectly fine - but you just need to take that one extra step to click on the yellow bar, before you do anything else.