PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Problem with Userform input to Worksheet (Excel 2013)

davis1118
03-01-2018, 03:27 PM
I will try to explain this the best I can. I am not receiving any vba errors, but my data is not properly loading into theworksheet from the userform.
I have a userform with comboxes and text boxes. The userform copies a MASTER sheet and then renames the new sheet based on textbox values on the userform. On the new sheet, there are textboxes, and togglebuttons (All controls on worksheet are ActiveX). The textboxes on the new sheet get populated from the userform. Then the textboxes on the sheet change the togglebutton captions and other textbox values on the sheet.

The problem I am having is the first two textboxes on the worksheet that get updated from the userform aren't updating. They are grayed out, and if I move the cursor over them, excel crashes. This problem doesn’t happen at home with Excel 2007, only at work with Excel 2013.

I’m thinking I have used the wrong syntax for 2013?? I have include the parts of the code from the userform inputting the data to thenew worksheet, and then the worksheet change code. Please feel free to give mepointers. I am not the best at writing the code, but always enjoy learning howto write it better. Thank you for thehelp.

USERFORM

Private Sub OKButton1_Click()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Dim nmbrLastRow As Long
Dim prtLastRow As Long
Dim wsList As Worksheet
Dim shtname As String
Dim nmbrrng As Range
Dim prtrng As Range
Dim actvsht As String
Set wsList = Sheet30
With wsList
nmbrLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "D").End(xlUp).Row
prtLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp).Row
Set nmbrrng = .Cells(nmbrLastRow + 1, "D")
Set prtrng = .Cells(prtLastRow + 1, "E")
End With
shtname = Me.FinalNumberBox
'COPY NAME THE NEW SHEET
Sheet28.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = shtname
'INPUT HEADER, PROCESS, & TOGGLEBUTTON INFO
Sheets(shtname).Range("A10") = Me.FinalNumberBox.Value
Sheets(shtname).Range("A11") = Me.FinalPartBox.Value

Sheets(shtname).HeaderBox1.Value = Me.FinalPartBox & " " & "#" & Me.FinalNumberBox
Sheets(shtname).ProcessBox1.Value = Me.ComboBox1.Value
If Me.ComboBox1.Value = "" Then Sheets(shtname).ToggleButton1.Visible = False _
Else Sheets(shtname).ToggleButton1.Visible = True

Sheets(shtname).ProcessBox2.Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value
If Me.ComboBox2.Value = "" Then Sheets(shtname).ToggleButton2.Visible = False _
Else Sheets(shtname).ToggleButton2.Visible = True

'INPUT SUB PART NUMBER INFO
Sheets(shtname).PartBox1.Value = Me.TextBox1.Value
Sheets(shtname).PartBox2.Value = Me.TextBox2.Value

'ADD HYPERLINK TO PRODUCT PAGE
With wsList
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=nmbrrng, Address:="", SubAddress:=shtname & "!A1", TextToDisplay:=FinalNumberBox.Value
.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=prtrng, Address:="", SubAddress:=shtname & "!A1", TextToDisplay:=FinalPartBox.Value
End With
With nmbrrng.Font
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.Name = "Calibri"
.Size = 18
.Bold = True
End With
With prtrng.Font
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.Name = "Calibri"
.Size = 18
.Bold = True
End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Unload Me
End Sub

COPIED WORKSHEET

'PROCESS CHANGES
Private Sub ProcessBox1_Change()
ToggleButton1.Caption = ProcessBox1.Value & Chr(10) & "#" & PartBox1.Value
ProcessHdr1.Value = ProcessBox1.Value & " - " & "#" & PartBox1.Value
End Sub

Private Sub ProcessBox2_Change()
ToggleButton2.Caption = ProcessBox2.Value & Chr(10) & "#" & PartBox2.Value
ProcessHdr2.Value = ProcessBox2.Value & " - " & "#" & PartBox2.Value
End Sub
'PART NUMBER CHANGES
Private Sub PartBox1_Change()
ToggleButton1.Caption = ProcessBox1.Value & Chr(10) & "#" & PartBox1.Value
ProcessHdr1.Value = ProcessBox1.Value & " - " & "#" & PartBox1.Value
End Sub
Private Sub PartBox2_Change()
ToggleButton2.Caption = ProcessBox2.Value & Chr(10) & "#" & PartBox2.Value
ProcessHdr2.Value = ProcessBox2.Value & " - " & "#" & PartBox2.Value
End Sub

Dave
03-03-2018, 10:06 AM
I would suggest changing all of your Me to the userform name in your userform code and in your sheet code include the name of the sheet with each control ie. Sheets("Sheet1").ToggleButton1.Caption HTH. Dave

davis1118
03-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Dave. I made the changes that you suggested but I still have the same issue. It's the strangest thing. Most of the textboxes on the worksheet get populated with no issue. But then there are two textboxes that are grayed out with no value shown in them. Then there are other text boxes that display no value, but if I open the properties for said textboxes the correct text and value is displayed in the properties window. But for some reason the value is not shown on the worksheet. This has been driving me crazy! I'm not even getting any vba errors, so there is nothing to directly diagnose. Half of the activex controls work, but the other half with the same code doesn't.

I tried using labels, and I still have the same issue. So I then removed all the textboxes and labels on the worksheet, and the userform now populates directly to cells. This method seems to work just fine. I will probably just stick with populating the cells versus textboxes.

Dave
03-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Strange. I'm guessing it has something to do with the new sheets and naming the controls. Sometimes office seems to get lost when U use Me in reference. Anyways, glad U figured a workaround. Thank for posting your update. Dave