PDA

View Full Version : subform/circular references

tkaplan
11-29-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm having a little problem and was hoping someone can come up with an idea for me:

i attached a sample database.
what i need to do is that when you open up the children form and select different start dates and center numbers, different children come up depending on which center they were assigned to and their authorization dates.
the criteria for the children who show up in the subform:
child.centernumber=centerID
child.startdate<=period.enddate
child.enddate>=period.startdate

the childinformation2 form does this without using an additional form but it does not have the last criteria and i really need that in there.
does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can do this?

to see how it currently works: open up the childperiod form. when it asks for combo6, just leave blank and hit enter. leave that form open and open up the children form. play around with the comboboxed and different children come up (if you select center 521 and the period start date 9/25/2005, only one child should show up, and if you select 10/23/2005 as the date, there should be 3 children.) i need this to work properly without the combo6 input box coming up.
using the childinformation2, if you use the center 521 example above, you will see that it does not work, all 3 children show up all the time.

thanks in advance.
tkaplan