PDA

View Full Version : ROW DUPLICATION WITH MULTIPLE VLOOKUP VALUES

COGICPENNY
03-20-2018, 06:33 AM
My problem is in 2 parts.

Each supplier listed in the tab "IT App Dev" (Column B) needs to be matched with a Commodity Code.
The Commodity Code is determined by VLOOKUP the SubCategory Code "IT App Dev" (Column K) in the tab "Phase 2 Taxonomy".
For this SubCategory there are two (2) commodity codes: 80101507 Consulting and 81111509 Application Development Services
So there would be two (2) rows for each Supplier, the first row would return the value 80101507 Consulting in Column AB, and the commodity description in AC

I created a SAMPLE OUTLOOK FILE tab to see what I'm trying to do.

Unsure if I needed a macro first to create the extra rows then do a lookup using INDEX or something?

Really appreciate the help.

sassora
03-21-2018, 01:29 AM
This might be better placed in a database (e.g. SQL Server / MS Access) as it will make to storage and maintenance easier and more robust. The functionality you are asking for is a simple join in SQL code. It is possible to produce the information in a more convoluted way but perhaps have a think about your strategy.

The way you've set out your problem is very clear and I think the lack of response may be down to what I mention above (and a bit to do with doing contract-able work for free!)