PDA

View Full Version : Center Across Selection ...

tonyrosen
12-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Okay, in my attempt to get rid of merged cells, I ended up looking at Center Across Selection ... problem ... it's centered. Is there a way to get the same functionality (writing across X number of cells) without centering the text?

Bob Phillips
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Okay, in my attempt to get rid of merged cells, I ended up looking at Center Across Selection ... problem ... it's centered. Is there a way to get the same functionality (writing across X number of cells) without centering the text?

Surely, if you enter text in say A1 anjd leave A2 blank, A1 spills over anyway?

Cyberdude
12-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi, Tony! Don't be too quick to get rid of all your merged cells. I started doing that, and quickly realized that a merged cell that has a conditional format loses that conditional format for all but the leftmost cell when you unmerge. Then you have to write new condtional formats for each cell to the right of the surviving cell. (I didn't say that too well, did I?) Writing all those new conditional formats becomes a pain real quick. http://vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/118.gif

tonyrosen
12-05-2005, 06:28 AM
I ended up just reformatting the whole sheet so that there is one large cell that does everything I want it to. It just looks ugly.