PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Calling function from add-in



Zack Barresse
08-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Yeah, that's how I've got the string. Not sure what I have done different this morning from last night, but it's working now. I probably had a typo or something. :bink:

Thanks Jacob!!

mvidas
08-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Zack,
In the off chance you need to identify the module as well, you could use the format

AddIn.xla!modulename.macroname

Only really necessary if you have two subs of the same name in two different modules

Matt

Zack Barresse
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Yeah, that was my first problem, but I figured that out quick enough. The actual problem was I referred to the add in like "Addinname!routinename" and it should have been "addinname!routinename". So I found out it was case sensitive. :)

Thanks for the help!

Jacob Hilderbrand
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah, VBA is very sensitive about its Text Names. Anyways glad to help.

Later

Jacob

Mike_R
08-06-2004, 05:57 PM
In the off chance you need to identify the module as well, you could use the format

AddIn.xla!modulename.macroname

Only really necessary if you have two subs of the same name in two different modules

Matt Actually, this is also really useful when calling Subs that reside within the Worksheet Class Module or the 'ThisWorkbook' Class Module. In fact, it's the only way to access them in this case...

:),
Mike