PDA

View Full Version : Multiple range copy and paste

jmenche
12-05-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi,

I have 5 worksheets that contain pivottables of products and sales. I am setting it up so a user can flag a product as an 'add'. This column is next to each pivottable on the right. I have a summary sheet where I want to list only those products that the user flagged as an 'add'. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

jmenche
12-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi again,

I have an idea. Is there a way to use the find function on a workbook level to find cells that contain "add", use an offset function to capture the product name that is two columns to the left, use a union to "stack" the results in a range, then print the range to a worksheet? I got this idea from some of the posts about finding duplicates.

jmenche
12-05-2005, 08:05 AM
**As you read this, please take note that I had to range value the pivots to make the file size limitation**

I figgered posting a file is always the easiest thing.

In the attached file, the first 5 sheets have the pivots and the "Drop" or "Add" functionality. I want to populate the "Summary" sheet with only the "Drops" and the "Adds". The drops are always the left pivot on the sheet and the adds are always the right pivot.

The only caveat is that the pivots are dynamic. There is a selection screen (hidden because not necessary...but take a look anyway) where a user can select a new retailer and the pivots will update. Obviously, the user can select as many adds and drops as he/she wants too.

The pivots should never expand to beyond row 100. Also, don't worry about how the summary sheet looks. I just want something that works and I'll work out the formatting later.

Thanks for any and all help :help

jmenche
12-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Does anyone have any ideas??

jmenche
12-09-2005, 08:14 AM
:-( One last ditch effort to get some help. Does anyone have a methodology to help me out?

malik641
12-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey jmenche :hi:

Don't lose hope...not yet, anyway.

I haven't worked with pivot tables much, but I'll see what I can try to figure out for ya :thumb I hate to see posts go unanswered.

Just give me a little bit of time and I'll give you any ideas I may have.

malik641
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey jmenche, could you post a book with at least one pivot table? I have an idea of how I would go about this, but I would like to work with one of your pivot tables for this.

jmenche
12-12-2005, 07:02 AM
The file size limitations prevent me from even allowing one pivot >:-(

malik641
12-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Check your PM's, I gave you my email so you can send me the file that way (no matter what size it is.....well....except over 2 gigs :giggle ...gmail rules)