PDA

View Full Version : QR Code system for Excel for estate inventory and sales

Nickplebe
06-19-2018, 01:43 AM
I hate to ask a question, (and be long winded), that has probably already been covered from a different perspective, but here goes anyway.
My father passed away recently and has left my brother, sister and I to liquidate/sell 4000-5000 antiques.
I envision a prospective buyer could walk up to an item look at the QR code sticker on the item, which would include the price and QR code, and using a simple downloaded scanner app. scan the QR code sticker on the item. It would take the customer to a website or other place where a description would be. This would be optional as the price would be on the item already. We the sellers could use the stickers to track each sale by removing them and later scanning them to report the sale in excel.
I would also like to use the same QR codes in Excel to list the inventory with a few columns for information concerning each item ie...description, price, history, QR code in 2D form and number/letter form. Hopefully we could use the same system to sell online from a website or least to keep the inventory for a website.
I know it is a lot to ask but we are stuck in it and simply getting a system going would help us greatly to do this huge job!
Oh and I live 2400 miles away, with this type of system I would be able to work from home as well to help my family.
Thanks very very much!! Any help is appreciated.

Kenneth Hobs
06-20-2018, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum!

That is a multiple set of questions that you have asked.

The macro that I detailed in this thread, shows how to generate and insert the QR image. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?43015-QR-Codes-for-Excel-2003-XP