PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlink issue with LOCAL range names - sheet name change kills hyperlink address

brettdj
12-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Guys

A question I posted at EE earlier today. I am using Excel 2003, SP 1

I've built a workbook template with indentical input sheets and I'm using hyperlinks to local range names for major sections (Revenue in A100, Capex in A364 and so on)

Capex ='Alt 2. 10|U|T|M - Mid Mine Plan'!$A$364
etc

All is going well until I rename a sheet, and voila, the hyperlink is now invalid. Has anyone seen this before, and more importantly is there anyway around it? Global range names wth hyperlinks work fine with a sheet name change, Excel just remaps like it normally does

Its an internal work example to be published on our intranet so code is out of the question

Cheers

Dave

Zack Barresse
12-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Dave,

Sorry I missed this one. How exactly are you using your hyperlinks? Can you give an example? What would be one of your Global Range Names?

brettdj
12-15-2005, 02:40 AM
Hi Zack,

I'm using a hyperlink to navigate to a local range name - unfortunately a sheet name change kills it

Looks like a bug :(

Cheers

Dave

Zack Barresse
12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Hmm, have any workarounds yet? How about a UDF that returns the sheet name based from the Index, return to another cell, have your hyperlink look at that?

brettdj
12-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Hmm, have any workarounds yet? How about a UDF that returns the sheet name based from the Index, return to another cell, have your hyperlink look at that?

Unfortunately these are a series of evaluation models to be published on our companies intranet - its a no macro design

On the plus side its not every day you find a design fault in Excel, but small consolation.