PDA

View Full Version : Date entered to next column of pivot table, reflected on master sheet

abraham30
06-30-2018, 11:20 PM
Hi Expert,

In the pivot sheet, one pivot table is available where I am entering date in "New Cal date" column. The time when I entered in this column for selected country and product, the same date must be populated in "Master sheet" in "Calendar date" column.
As this is a pivot table, how can I link this column to populate the data.

e.g. for China on Nestle product, if new calender date '23-Jun-2018' is entered for pivot sheet, then the same date must be reflected on column 'O' of "Master sheet".

p45cal
07-01-2018, 08:29 AM
My feeling is that you can do this quite easily on the Master sheet itself. Temporarily hide the columns you don't want to see, then Autofilter, then filter for China in the Country field and for blanks in the Calendar date field, fill in the date(s) in column O, then click Reapply to refresh the filter.
It looks very similar to your pivot table…

abraham30
07-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Thank you for your suggestion. But I want to do it only in Pivot sheet as I don't want other to see my master sheet data. Is it possible to do the same in pivot sheet.
can we do the same with data validation rule if not used pivot table. I dont know usually.

Thanks in advance