PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Values only on ListBox

splinter288
07-26-2018, 07:25 PM
Bit left field perhaps,
Basically we have a table containing some 960 lines of information, only one column contains 'unique ID'. Information is updated via a simple UserForm.

Same userform contains a couple of reports (interesting stats more than anything). What I would like to do is have a dynamic(?) ListBox that shows any duplicates contained in my one unique ID column (column A). Or perhaps a table on another sheet that the ListBox refers back to?
Unusually in our operation it is ok to have duplicated unique values, provided we review these regularly. Hence the need to have a view showing these records (taking no action) so an appropriate employee can review and make a decision from there.

Hopefully that makes sense!

georgiboy
07-26-2018, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum, Here is one idea:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim srchRng As Range, rCell As Range
Dim nCol As New Collection

Set srchRng = Range("A1:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)

For Each rCell In srchRng.Cells
If Application.CountIf(Range("A:A"), rCell.Value) > 1 Then
On Error Resume Next
nCol.Add rCell.Value, CStr(rCell.Value)
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next rCell

Me.ListBox1.Clear
For x = 1 To nCol.Count
Me.ListBox1.AddItem nCol(x)
Next x

End Sub

Hope this helps

splinter288
07-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Hope this helps

Thank you for your suggestion,
Appears to work but it does mean that my primary data in ListBox1 is no longer appearing. (This new code is to populate ListBox4). Any suggestion to avoid this?

georgiboy
07-30-2018, 11:12 PM
In my code change every instance of ListBox1 to ListBox4.

If you already have a "UserForm_Initialize" sub that populates ListBox1 then you may want to work the above code into your current code.

Hope this helps

splinter288
08-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Thank you georgiboy, should have been obvious to change the reference.. thank you!
Is there a way to have the ListBox return all of the line data, not just the column A data?

abrar.1p3
10-16-2018, 06:16 AM
Hi everyone,
I too has a similar request, but a little different, in my case i want to take out the Unique values from the list of duplicates jobs# & copy the unique jobs# into another column, & then copy the respective status into another column, as shown in the attached Excel ,"Example" sheet

Note: Unique status will be updated only if all the duplicate jobs# has the respective status , else it will be blank

i would appreciate if you could provide me some help on this
pls. find the excel file in the attachment!

Thanking you in anticipation
Abrar

abrar.1p3
10-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Hi there,
I have a request where i want to take out the Unique values from the list of duplicates jobs# & copy the unique jobs# into another column, & then copy the respective status into another column, as shown in the attached Excel ,"Example" sheet

Note: Unique status will be updated only if all the duplicate jobs# has the respective status , else it will be blank

i would appreciate if you could provide me some help(VBA) on this
pls. find the excel file in the attachment!

Thanking you in anticipation
Abrar