PDA

View Full Version : Lookup and return Names for Duplicate Orders

tatendamark
08-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Please assist with returning names ("In Order" sheet - Column A) based on type of purchases placed. The names and type of purchases are located in "Not in Order" sheet. The order in which the purchases are placed in "Not in Order" sheet is incorrect. The correct order of the purchases is in "In Order" sheet.

The attached file is just a sample. There real file has over 100 purchases, some of them duplicate in terms of colour, size and type.

So for Cell A2 of "In Order" sheet, the formula should return "Mitsue Filice".

Logit
08-21-2018, 06:06 PM
Your two lists do not match.

There is a Sweatshirt in "In Order" but none in "Not In Order."

There are 3 Red Small Pullover in "In Order" but only two in "Not In Order"

There are similar other discrepancies as well.

?????

tatendamark
08-22-2018, 12:52 AM
The file attached is just a sample of a larger data set, so there will be discrepancies. I have corrected it so that there are no discrepancies. Please assist with a formula that returns names in the "In Order" sheet - Column A, based on the info in the "Not In Order" sheet.

p45cal
08-22-2018, 01:54 AM
A formula to give you this would be convoluted and difficult to maintain, however I can get you the same information at the drop of a hat if I mention the dirty words pivot table.
See attached. A very simple pivot.
The names are on the right of the table instead of the left. The whole table updates properly depending on the data in the Not in order sheet. The only maintenance you'll need to do is to ensure that the pivot table's source data includes all the data on the Not in order sheet.

Also, you'll never need to worry about 'discrepancies', the pivot table will never have any.
This is how your first file looks: