PDA

View Full Version : Copying Rows based on two columns having matching data

IDEDRILLS
08-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Hi All,

I'm running into an issue doing reconciliation where some of my assets children do not match parents usage status, ownership, etc. I need to pull all parents to a new sheet, to manually verify all data is correct. This is the first part of my problem.

Example shown above.

In row 4997, the two EQ numbers match. This is the parent row. I need to copy all rows that having matching EQ numbers in columns B and C into a separate worksheet. I will then edit them manually, so that all other columns are accurate to our actual books.

That is my first problem.

Beyond this, a separate problem.

I need to then take all info that has been changed in separate worksheet and replace old parent information in original worksheet with new parent information.
From there, I need to make all children reflect the same information. As you can see in the example, the parent on row 4997 reads as rented, yet all children underneath it read as available.
I need columns E, F, G, H, I, and J, of all children, to reflect the same information from those columns as the parent.

All children reflect the same EQ number as the parent in column C. EQ0005212.

This is a large list, 1000+ parents.

Any help in just solving the first problem would be greatly appreciated, but if you can figure out a solution to the second, I'd be forever in your debt.