PDA

View Full Version : Copy/Paste/Rename values between two workbooks if certain conditions are met

PlutoX
09-04-2018, 05:19 AM
Hi guys,

first time poster here :)

I would need some help adjusting the value range of my VBA code.

My User Form looks like this: https://i.stack.imgur.com/eSUkP.png

I have a listbox with workbooks (wb1, wb2, wb3...) and a workbook template(wb_template).
I need to copy/paste values from wb1 to wb_template if certain conditions are met.

As you can see in the code below, the value range is fixed. What I would need is defining conditions, which should be met before initialising the copy/paste procedure.

So far I think that the Range.Find and Range.Offset Methods are the way to go, but I'm not sure how to achieve this, as I'm pretty new to the VBA coding...

I would need to define the following conditions:

Condition 1: look for and copy certain keyword in wb1 and paste/rename it in wb_template(specific range - sheet/cell). Example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/bdv7d.png
Condition 2: look for certain keyword in wb1, copy the value of the adjoining cell and paste it in wb_template(specific range - sheet/cell). Example: https://i.stack.imgur.com/JVpFZ.png

The loop should work like this:

Check sheet1 of wb1 according to the conditions
If conditions are met - transfer the values from wb1 to wb_template
Save wb_template as new workbook
Repeat procedure for sheet2, sheet3, sheet4 and so on...
Then repeat process for the next workbook in the listbox

So, in the end I should have new workbooks for every sheet of the workbooks(wb1, wb2, wb3...) of the listbox. Overview: https://i.stack.imgur.com/mmeWZ.png
I have everything set up so far - my code as of now loops through every sheet of my workbook and copy/pastes data according to a fixed range. The only thing I need are those conditions instead of the fixed range.

The VBA code so far:

Transfer-Button

PublicSub TransferFile(TemplateFile AsString, SourceFile AsString)
Dim wbSource As Workbook
Set wbSource = Workbooks.Open(SourceFile)'open source

Dim wbTemplate As Workbook
Dim NewWbName AsString

Dim wsSource As Worksheet
ForEach wsSource In wbSource.Worksheets 'loop through all worksheets in source workbook
Set wbTemplate = Workbooks.Open(TemplateFile)'open new template

'/* Definition of the value range */
With wbTemplate.Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Range("A2").Value = wsSource.Range("A2").Value
.Range("A3").Value = wsSource.Range("A3").Value
.Range("B2").Value = wsSource.Range("B2").Value
.Range("B3").Value = wsSource.Range("B3").Value
EndWith

NewWbName = Left(wbSource.Name, InStr(wbSource.Name,".")-1)
wbTemplate.SaveAs wbSource.Path & Application.PathSeparator & NewWbName &"_New.xlsx"
wbTemplate.Close False'close template
Next wsSource

wbSource.Close False'close source
EndSub

Browse Files Button - I guess not relevant for my question

PrivateSub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim fNames AsVariant

WithMe
fNames = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel File(s) (*.xls*),*.xls*",,,,True)
If IsArray(fNames)Then.ListBox1.List = fNames
EndWith
EndSub

PrivateSub CommandButton2_Click()
Dim i AsInteger

'/* full path to the template file */
Const mytemplate AsString="C:\Users\PlutoX\Desktop\Excel-Folder\wb_template.xlsx"

WithMe
With.ListBox1
'/* iterate listbox items */
For i =0To.ListCount -1
'/* transfer the files using the generic procedure */
Transferfile mytemplate,.List(i,0)
Next
EndWith
EndWith
EndSub​

Thanks for the help!

PlutoX
09-05-2018, 05:19 AM
anyone? :)

PlutoX
09-06-2018, 01:45 AM
I basically just want to know how to define condition 1 and condition 2 in VBA form.

I'll try to clarify it:

I need to search for for specific keywords in a sheet of wb1.

I dont know the positions of those keywords

In case a keyword is found - condition1 or condition2 will be applied, depending on the keyword:

Condition 1: if keyword in wb1 = "House_1" then copy/paste keyword in wb2 (specific position -> Sheet2, A3) and rename it to "House Blue".Result would be: "House Blue" in A3 of Sheet2 in wb2.

Condition 2: if keyword in wb1 = "Number" then copy the value of the adjoining cell to the right of it and paste in wb2 (specific position -> Sheet3, C5).Result would be: "4" in C5 of Sheet3 in wb2.

So what I want to do is to determine the relevant keywords - and which condition the respective keyword is triggering.