PDA

View Full Version : Progress Bar

Dowsey1977
12-09-2005, 06:13 AM
Hi All,

I have been trying to work out how to do a progress bar for ages now, and don't feel I'm getting any closer, so I thought I'd see if there is anyone in here that can help!

I get the bit about how to create the userform, and have checked out an example on the Microsoft site, which I've also seen on other sites like this one. But, what I am trying to do is run a macro that will filter a few sheets, and then copy the data from each sheet onto a blank sheet that fits the criteria. That I bit I can also do, it's just how to get the progress bar to update, as this isn't a loop, which seems to be a pre-requisite.

Any ideas?
:dunno :help

Bob Phillips
12-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Hi All,

I have been trying to work out how to do a progress bar for ages now, and don't feel I'm getting any closer, so I thought I'd see if there is anyone in here that can help!

I get the bit about how to create the userform, and have checked out an example on the Microsoft site, which I've also seen on other sites like this one. But, what I am trying to do is run a macro that will filter a few sheets, and then copy the data from each sheet onto a blank sheet that fits the criteria. That I bit I can also do, it's just how to get the progress bar to update, as this isn't a loop, which seems to be a pre-requisite.

It is not a loop that is a pre-requisite, but just some interrupt point in the code where you can call the meter update. If you are filtering a few sheets, and copying data, you have numerous interrupt points at which you can insert an update. A loop is just most convenient as it is the thing that usually takes time, and usually easy to work out.

Zack Barresse
12-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Have you checked out the Hall of Fame? mvidas has a great solution for a progress bar .. http://vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5833

There is also some good stuff in our KB about progress bars.