PDA

View Full Version : Finishing touches

SilverBack
12-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I've got a set of programs I made, you might recognize one since it was up here a few days ago. The difficulties I'm having now should be simple if you know what you're doing. However, I am not one of those people yet.

"Copyright" form:
When the .xls file is opened a disclaimer comes up. Nothing complex, but I had to put the disclaimer in a textbox since a label wouldn't allow scrollbars. Anyhow, I need to learn how to make it display from the top. It wants to display from the bottom.

"Guess" form and program:
The assignment here was to make a neat number guessing game. I don't know a really great algorithm to do this so I made a very simple one. My goal is to use changing pictures and sounds. You can see where I made the failing attempt. What I need to have happen is when the one If...Then is true, the picture changes and a sound is played. Afterwards, if the user wants to play again, the original picture is loaded when the "Play" button is pushed.

Those are the only two problem areas I'm having right now.

Thanks!

matthewspatrick
12-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Can you upload a copy so we can see where you are so far?

Killian
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
You can set the selection point (cursor) for the text box after you populate it with it's SelStart property'go to start of text
TextBox1.SelStart = 0

SilverBack
12-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Shoot, I thought it uploaded. Oh well, here it goes.

mdmackillop
12-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi,
Killian's code will do the job. Add it into the Initalize sub.
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
End Sub

SilverBack
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Hmm, still not working. The "ThisWorkbook" has the Copyright.Show and then the Copyright Form just has the TextBox1 of which I typed the message in the Properties window. I tried putting the TextBox1.SelStart = 0 in all of them and am still experiencing the problem.

:(

mdmackillop
12-11-2005, 01:49 PM
My code should be entered into the code pane for the userform.