PDA

View Full Version : Excel VBA conditional insert of page breaks

mrwad
10-16-2018, 11:46 PM
I have a form that is changing all the time according to my "Filling form" where user is filling in information. Then I have "Print version" sheet for autoformatting and printing to .pdf/.xls. In "Print version" I have paragraphs of text in column "C". Some cells with text of column "C" are too long so I am wrapping them with my VBA (.WrapText = True). I want to make conditional page breaks that will read through my Print Area and insert page breaks after each empty row after each paragraph that is not fitting to page compleatly. My VBA code below is working fine except for text being wrapped. If I remove all cells with "Wrap text" command each row have some constant height, let's say 15 so I know amount of rows could be fitted on the page and set my "PgSize = 91" or whatever it is but if I wrap text I don't know how many rows can be fitted on the page. So the problem is: If I set "PgSize = 91" in "Sub FitGroupsToPage()" (that's an amount of rows could be fitted to each page) to 91 and don't wrap my text then everything works fine. However text must be wrapped to fit to my page vertically. Then there is not 91 rows but less, depending on the length of the text in wrapped cells. So number 91 is dynamic each time after hiding and wrapping "Sub FitMyTextPlease()" and "Sub HideMyEmptyRows()" and "Sub SetPrintArea()". Number of rows can also be different on every page (depending of how much text there are in wrapped cells on each page). Any ideas of how this issue can be fixed or maybe suggest some other way of approaching this?

Sub FitMyTextPlease()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Print version").PageSetup.CenterHeader = "&""Times New Roman,Bold""&12 " & Range("Data!V28").Text & Chr(13) & Chr(13) & " " & "&""Times New Roman,Normal""&12 " & Range("Data!V30").Text

'ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Print version").PageSetup.CenterHeader = Range("Data!V28").Text

ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Print version").Select
With ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet
With .Cells.Rows
.WrapText = True
.VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
.EntireRow.AutoFit
End With '.Cells.Rows
.Columns.EntireColumn.AutoFit
End With 'sheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Sub HideMyEmptyRows()
Dim myRange As Range
Dim cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set myRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Print version").Range("Print_Area")
For Each cell In myRange
myRange.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
If cell.HasFormula = True And cell.value = "" And cell.EntireRow.Hidden = False Then Rows(cell.Row).EntireRow.Hidden = True
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Sub SetPrintArea()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim lastRow As Long

Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Print version")

' find the last row with formatting, to be included in print range
lastRow = ws.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row

ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = ws.Range("A1:C" & lastRow).Address
End Sub
Sub HowManyPagesBreaks22()
Dim iHpBreaks As Integer, iVBreaks As Integer
Dim iTotPages As Integer

iHpBreaks = ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count + 1
iVBreaks = ActiveSheet.VPageBreaks.Count + 1

iTotPages = iHpBreaks * iVBreaks
MsgBox "This sheet will require " & iTotPages & _
" page(s) to print", vbInformation, "Pages counted"
End Sub
Sub Printed_Pages_Count()

Range("A1").value = (ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Count + 1) * (ActiveSheet.VPageBreaks.Count + 1)

End Sub
Sub HowManyPagesBreaks()

MsgBox ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)")

End Sub
Sub FitGroupsToPage()
Dim rStart As Range, rEnd As Range, TestCell As Range
Dim lastRow As Long, PgSize As Integer
Dim n As Integer

PgSize = 91 ' Assumes 91 rows per page
Set rStart = Range("C1")
lastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

Do
Set TestCell = rStart.Offset(PgSize, 0)
If Len(TestCell) = 0 Or Len(TestCell.Offset(-1, 0)) = 0 Then
Set rEnd = TestCell.End(xlUp)
Else
Set rEnd = TestCell.End(xlUp).End(xlUp)
End If
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=rEnd.Offset(1, 0)
Set rStart = rEnd.Offset(1, 0)

n = n + 1
If n > 1000 Then Exit Sub ' Escapes from an infinite loop if code fails
Loop Until rStart.Row > lastRow - 50
End Sub
Sub FitMyHeadings()
Call FitMyTextPlease
Call HideMyEmptyRows
Call SetPrintArea
Call FitGroupsToPage
Call Printed_Pages_Count
End Sub

mrwad
10-17-2018, 04:54 AM
Problem is that paragraphs are not every 10th or 15th or 18th row. There are can be different amount of paragraphs and rows in each paragraph. They always have a "heading" so maybe it can help somehow. Bold text with heading and then paragraph itself. This complete "block" should be on one page and if it doesn't fit to this page then VBA code should move it to the next page.