PDA

View Full Version : vba code analysing different workbooks

glensteven4
10-19-2018, 03:29 AM
Hı Guys
I'm new to the Vba forum.I created a database with Excel workbooks each file is about 5MB in size. Just mind boggling and fascinating how far this project went and hopefully with some coding from VBA can go even further.
The workbooks have all different Class Ratings which is data of historical past performance of last 6 runs containing the following variables that have an impact on the outcome of the winning horse. 1) Course 2) AVG MR 3) Distance 4 ) weight 5 ) the fractions distance intervals at certain points ) 6) the lengths the horse won 7 ) the lengths behind winner. 8) time for distance ran 9 ) the time the horse took in last fraction. 10) the trainer stats percentage 11) the jockey stats percentage over period or season 12 ) the sire stats % stamina over today's distance 13 ) the sire stats overall 14 ) the broodmare stats percentage 15 ) breeder stats .
All workbooks have the Real results for their respective classes that they ran.
My question can a code be created using VBA to initiate comparisons of the winners from 1st place to 4th place or even 20th laced horse.
The code should loop against the class from today with the data base workbooks that have the results of that specific class using the past performance for each horse with their respective stats trainer, class distance etc.
The code should determine using the past performanceperformance of each class with its factors using the class as a measuring stic since each class has it own Real results.

can this be done?

glensteven4
10-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Hi Guys

Here is an example of file.
On my main data file have equations which I want to test against the developing VBA code data set for any correlations between winners and other variables .
Should there be any correlation and comparisons to the data class rating it should then improve the result set .
The data base classes can be determined through group sets , 50- 65, 66 - 71 , 72 - 77 , 78 - 85 , 86 - 91 , 92 - 97 , 98 - 103 , 104 - 109 , 110 - 115 ,116 - 120 so with max set at 120 s the highest Class Rate.
The Class group set should be altered

glensteven4
11-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Hı All

I have uploaded a briefing description of example .The VBA code created should pull workbooks with class benchmarks from database or folder in J2.
The Todays class ist liist today's class
Thé list class button önce folder address is selected the classes should pull through from folder and show class result files.
Once the class result has been picked up the Class indicator should display all the class displayed in the class result file in the class equalisation indicator sheet the results should pull through as per example.
There is a massive n sheet for runners for today.
The same class equalisation method should be applied from main sheet to today's class indicator.