PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] VBA Message box to display column titles based upon totals

gratefulwork
10-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Hi there,

I have a spreadsheet that contains 9 employees, and their sales in thousands over a period of 10 years. Their total sales over the 10 year period are totaled at the bottom. What I am looking to do is have a message box that pops up and displays the names of the employees who have total sales over 500. So basically the code will look for values over 500 in the bottom row, and then take the corresponding names of the employees and display it in a single message box. I am new to VBA, and have Googled around on how to get started with this but I have not found anything. I have attached my worksheet below, any help is greatly appreciated.

Paul_Hossler
10-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Something like this maybe

Option Explicit

Const cThreshHold As Double = 500#

Sub TotalSales()

Dim Employees As Range
Dim iTotalRow As Long, iCol As Long
Dim sMsg As String

Set Employees = ActiveSheet.Range("D4").CurrentRegion

With Employees

sMsg = "Employees with Total Sales over " & Format(cThreshHold, "$#,##0") & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

iTotalRow = .Rows.Count

For iCol = 2 To .Columns.Count
If .Cells(iTotalRow, iCol).Value > cThreshHold Then
sMsg = sMsg & .Cells(1, iCol).Value & " --- " & Format(.Cells(iTotalRow, iCol).Value, "$#,##0") & vbCrLf
End If
Next iCol
End With

Call MsgBox(sMsg, vbInformation + vbOKOnly, "Total Sales")

End Sub

Toubkal
10-25-2018, 09:44 AM
Hi all,

Assuming you have a fixed table "I mean a period of 10 years" and using it as is "D4:N15", you can try this code:

Option Explicit

Sub TotalSales()
Dim MESG ' a string to build the displayed message
Dim Cell As Range
Dim Nrow, Ncol ' row a col of found name

MESG = "" ' Empty string
For Each Cell In Sheet1.Range("E15:N15") 'Here the range of Totals values is E15 to N15 you can change it if you add an 11th year ;)
If Cell.Value > 500 Then 'You test the value of the cell
Nrow = Cell.Row - 11 'row of the cell containing the related name : 11 rows Up
Ncol = Cell.Column 'column of the cell containing the related name : same column. Now we have coordinates
MESG = MESG & Sheet1.Cells(Nrow, Ncol) & " ---------> " & Cell.Value & " $" & vbCrLf ' build the message
End If
Next
MsgBox MESG

End Sub

Hope this helps.
Please forgive my bad english.

Regards

gratefulwork
10-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Thank you so much to both. Both sets of code seem to work great!

sushiboy
01-20-2019, 02:11 AM
Hi, Trying to amend the code to include in the message box details of failed items.

So in the active column, I have some cells indicating "FAILED". in the adjacent columns, I have data in Column A and B. How will the below code be amended so it lists the corresponding data in Column A and B when the number of Failed items on the message box appears??

At the moment it indicates how many failed items in the active column, but I need to add to this and provide details what the failed items are from Column A and B.
Many thanks

Sub Messagebox1() Dim instances As Long instances = WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(ActiveCell.Column), "FAILED") MsgBox "Found " & instances & " Failed Upload(s)", vbInformation, "TITLE"
End sub

Paul_Hossler
01-20-2019, 05:30 PM
1. It's not polite to hijack someone's thread with what seems to be a very different question using very different data (i.e. the OP's Employee Sales.xlsm workbook doesn't have any data in columns A and B, your 'active column' is not identified, and there are no FAILED in the OP's attached example)

2. This was marked [Solved]

3. You'll get much better results if you started your own thread and included a sample workbook that clearly show your data structure and the macro that you have a question about