PDA

View Full Version : EXCEL FORMULA NOT UPDATING CORRECTLY WHEN COPIED FROM ONE YEAR TO THE NEXT.

becky halsey
11-02-2018, 09:10 AM
I have an excel workbook that has a different sheet in it for each bank account. It is saved monthly. I did a file save as the next month. There is a recap sheet that has all ending totals. I have the beginning total for the new month equal to the ending total for last month. If I go in to a prior month and change a total, all of the months after it updates. Works perfect. I am trying go ahead and do a file save as for each month thru December 2019. I have gone in and highlighted / selected all the different bank account sheets at once. Went to my beginning balance cell and hit equals to, & inserted the path for the prior month sheet. This works for every month thru January 2019. It is still referring to 2018. Now when I try to do the exact same thing for February 2019, it stops working. I changed the file path from 2018 to 2019 and changed the month from December to January, but still does not work. Something happens when I refer to the new year. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?