PDA

View Full Version : Multiple excel macro file running simultaneously in a single Access Database

baralus
11-24-2018, 11:53 AM
Hi all,

I just want to ask, if a have an excel macro file that has a code that sends data on a MS Access database. Can I make multiple copy of that excel macro file to be used by several people and send data on a single MS Access database simultaneously without encountering errors about file being used or something?

OBP
11-24-2018, 01:14 PM
Access is designed to be multi user under normal user input, but you may have to test it under running a macro.
The only time you are likely to have a conflict is if to users try to access the same record at the same time, they are likely to get a message telling that the data has changed since they looked at it last.

baralus
11-25-2018, 09:58 PM
Ok so since MS Access can be open by multiple users. Then is it ok if multiple users having their own copy of my excel macro, run my macro to open a connection on the MS Access and its table to input information on MS Access at the same time?

OBP
11-26-2018, 02:26 AM
Yes it should, but I have not tried it personally as it is normal to use an Access "Front End" to share the data in an Access a "Back End" database.
It is better to control the input via an Access Form than work directly in a table.