PDA

View Full Version : Formula to import and sort data from other sheet based on dates

lababa
11-29-2018, 06:33 AM
Hi!
I’m trying tocome up with a way to import data vertically from the other sheet and sort itby date horizontally in other.

So today I haveto input data manually from Book1 R column and sort it to Sheet1 depending onthe date from S column in Book1. I would like to automate that process withwhatever you guys could help me come up with. I need excel to pick the datesfrom Book1 and match them with row 25 in Sheet1. If it gets a match I want itto place it in the yellow cells in Sheet1 as Desired results sheet show. Iwould also like if there are more data in certain month in Book1, to sum thedata before it gets places in Sheet 1. I have tried with different formulas allthe way from VLOOKUP to Sumproduct to this formula:
=SUM(IFERROR(Book1!$R$3:$R$999*(MONTH(Book1!$S$3:$S$999)=MONTH(P$25))*(YEAR (Book1!$S$3:$S$999)=YEAR(P$25));0))
I have attachedthe excel workbook to this thread with a Sheet1 as the place to import and sortthe data to. Desired result is how I expect the formula to work and input thedata. Book1 is where I want to import data from to Sheet1.

lababa
11-29-2018, 06:56 AM
I made the formula work now. The problem was that when the exported sheet gets exported it exports the numbers with "." between the numbers. Is there a way to remove them on the way to the desired sheet(Sheet1)?