PDA

View Full Version : Copy And Paste All Rows That Match A Specific Criteria

jfshoemaker
12-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Hello!

At my work, we have an eLog that we make entries in every day, and I want use VBA to create a report that can pull up what happened during a particular day from it. The number of entries each day varies.

Here is an example of the starting data:

And say I want my report to tell me what happened on December 4th, that section would look like:

Ideally I would love to take it one step further and only copy specific columns, so that the report would only have the most important information. Example:

Note, all dates would be grouped together, so it have to seek entries that are out of order (if that helps).

I’ve been searching around and googling how to make just the first step a reality, but I am currently stumped.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

jfshoemaker
12-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Update: After considering limitations/simplicity, I realized that for the "second step" I could re-arrange the columns so that all pertinent information is in the first X columns / grouped together, so that only a single xy range is needed, and not removing a variety of columns.

rlv
12-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Why not just use autofilter to view the day that you want?

p45cal
12-05-2018, 02:25 PM
An Advanced filter will alow you to filter the data and include only those columns you want, in any order.
And/Or consider a Pivot Table to summarise and filter your data.