PDA

View Full Version : Solved: How does one create a calendar

Aussiebear
12-14-2005, 03:18 AM
OK, How does one create a calendar that works like that in Quickbooks? With the ability to back track to previous date and look at the data recorded or associated with that time?

Ted

Bob Phillips
12-14-2005, 03:26 AM
OK, How does one create a calendar that works like that in Quickbooks? With the ability to back track to previous date and look at the data recorded or associated with that time?

Ted

No idea what Quickbooks looks like.

Could you knock up a demo workbook, and explainm what bits you want to be automatic, and which you will template?

Aussiebear
12-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Just like the calendar in the main page of this website, only the left and right arrows allows the month to move to a previous or forward date. By clicking on the actual date you can select the data associated with that date.

In this case I would be able to move about within the time frame of the period of the loan and select either the day of interest or select a particular month for review.

Ted

ALe
12-15-2005, 07:48 AM
don't know if it's what you're looking for. Add a form in your project, right click on the controls form and add the "control Calendar"

ALe
12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Have a look to this sample file.

Aussiebear
12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
don't know if it's what you're looking for. Add a form in your project, right click on the controls form and add the "control Calendar"

Well Well Well, that there "Right Click" is a wonderful tool.

Thank you

Ted :friends:

ALe
12-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Good. If it's what you were looking for, you can mark this thread as solved.

Bye

Aussiebear
12-16-2005, 12:51 AM
I would but,.... there's a second question attached. I anticipate using the calendar to move between months of data ( as in monthly bank statements). How do I contruct the code necessary to enable it to relate to monthly sets of data or in a more precise drill down, to an actual day of data?

Ted

ALe
12-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Could you attach a sample workbook and explain a bit?

Aussiebear
12-16-2005, 03:24 AM
Just imagine a simple bank statement, with an opening balance, dated debit and credits and a daily interest calculation for each day of the month and an end of month balance.

I would like to record Initial loan balance, Annual Interest Rate, calculate the daily rate, calculate the daily interest incurred, monthly totals and have the ability to compare the incurred P & I against that which the bank says.

Ted

Aussiebear
12-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Never mind, I've taken a mental right turn and am looking at another option. Thanks anyway

Ted

ALe
12-19-2005, 07:09 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't reply because I didn't get your need.

Aussiebear
12-19-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't reply because I didn't get your need.

That's okay. I have re-activated a program I purchased some time ago, and wil have to learn to love the error within it.

Ted