PDA

View Full Version : Chart generation loop issue

lachlant
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Hi All,

I'm having an issue i'm quite proud to have created and cannot find any solutions online.

I'm generating independent charts in a report for stores energy usage data. Refer to image attached.

The report charts have been generating perfectly but sometimes once the loop is run the charts begin to slide down the page further from their designated cells. The first one is only out by half a row but by the bottom of the 8th page its almost totally out of the box 7ish rows from its starting place. Its not consistent, i go back to an earlier version and it works for a while until randomly sliding down the page, its incredible frustrating.

The loop looks at each sites energy usage, generates totals, detects issues or anomalies and then generates the chart before moving to the next one. Each loop something is moving or changing somewhere/somehow. The chart placement is just an offset from the site name.

Ive tried running the report on multiple versions of excel and playing around with different methods of locking the chart to the sites cell to no avail.

If anyone has seen this before and has a solution i would love some assistance.

thanks heaps

JonPeltier
01-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Hard to tell what's wrong with your code, if you don't post any code.