PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Fade a picture until it is gone

Kicker
12-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I have a powerpoint slide with a picture on it. What I need to do is fade the picture out while I am talking. In otherwords, it needs to slowly disappear off the slide.

Can it's transparency be changed by a timer?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Kicker
12-17-2005, 12:02 PM
For lack of response, I went to Photoshop and generated about a dozen copies of the picture, each with a little less opaqueness. then, with imageready, I created a gif file and inserted it into the ppt. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it will get the job done.

If anyone has a better way or knows how to control the opaqueness in PowerPoint, I would be glad to hear from you.

Andy Pope
12-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Hi,

Assign this to the Mouseclick Action for the picture.
It adjusts the brightness of the picture until it becomes white.
Change slide and shape indexes to suit your ppt.
Sub Fade()
'
Dim lngIndex As Long
Dim sngBright As Single

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes(3).PictureFormat
sngBright = 0
Do
.IncrementBrightness sngBright
For lngIndex = 1 To 9999
Next
sngBright = sngBright + 0.01
DoEvents
Loop While sngBright <= 1
End With

End Sub
BTW PPT2003 has fade built in.

Kicker
12-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Andy:
You are my hero...and I actually understand what it does.-- Thanks

geekgirlau
12-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Isn't this covered by any of the built-in animations?

Kicker
12-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Not really.
Standard animation is an On/Off situation. I need to slowly control how it fades over a specific period of time.

For a safety briefing, I am using a picture of a Motorcycle and rider titled "What the Car Drivers See". While I talk about the chrome, the lights, the passenger wearing the thong I mention how the Driver is "waving" to the riders. All along, the picture is fading out and then I talk about the driver turning into the Motorcycle because it is "invisible". Car drivers "see" motorcycles, but don't really belive they are there.