PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Jayharry
03-07-2019, 06:41 AM
On the attached sheet I need to find a way to populate to separate tables based on a condition in the main body of the sheet. For example if a=yes populate the data into yes table if a=no populate data into no table. Does anyone know how to make this happen2384723847

Paul_Hossler
03-07-2019, 07:52 AM
1. Welcome to the forum - take a minute and read the information in the links in my signature

2. "Help" as a title is not as good as a more descriptive title, such as "How do I count cells based on criteria?"

3. Providing test data and required results usually generates better answers since potential responders have something to start with without having to use time and effort to make some up, which may not be correct.

4. There's no definitive definition of what you want in "Total ..." so I'm assuming that you want the count of 'yes' and the count of 'no'

I'd use the COUNTIF() function

Jayharry
03-07-2019, 09:02 AM
My apologies for not being clear, essentially it is going to be a sales tracker where cells B-J are sales figures and the yes/no is a condition upon which table the figures feed into, i.e. which area of the business the sales have come from

Paul_Hossler
03-07-2019, 09:26 AM
My apologies for not being clear, essentially it is going to be a sales tracker where cells B-J are sales figures and the yes/no is a condition upon which table the figures feed into, i.e. which area of the business the sales have come from

And was my guess at what you wanted correct?

If not, then attaching a workbook with sample data and desired results will go a long way towards your getting a satisfactory response

Jayharry
03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
And was my guess at what you wanted correct?

If not, then attaching a workbook with sample data and desired results will go a long way towards your getting a satisfactory response

Not quite but thank you very much for replying, I have attached an expected outcome if that helps23851

Paul_Hossler
03-07-2019, 01:02 PM
Afraid it doesn't help much

Paul_Hossler
03-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Guessing again that you wanted the Total of A for 'yes' and for 'no', you can use the SUMIF() function

I switched the col B and col C to make it easier for me. Seems more logical that way anyway

If you want it your original way, it can be switched back