PDA

View Full Version : Bring Userform to the front?

samuelwright
12-19-2005, 07:35 AM
Is there a way of always bringing a userform in front of all open windows when it is loaded or showed?

I have tried Userform1.show...which works with certain window combinations, but not others.

Thanks for your help:winking2:

fumei
12-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Generally speaking...no. An Office UserForm displays within the calling application. It is controlled by that application. If that application is hidden by other application windows, so is the userform.

VB userforms (as opposed to VBA userforms) CAN be displayed above all other windows as they are controlled by the OS - they are independent of an application. You can use Windows API to fudge a VBA userform above other windows, but again a VBA userform has a parent application which MUST be loaded.

samuelwright
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi Gerry

The problem only happens when Word is selected as my email editor..no problem if not. Sometimes the userform shows between the New Message and the Outlook Inbox...but onyl when Word is selected. I have read the other threads and seen that having Word as the email editor creates a few frustrating situations.

Does that shed any more light?

fumei
12-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Ugh, Yuck. Bleech.

First of all, I am not sure what is the calling app here. Is it Outlook that is displaying the userform, or Word?

I am possibly in the minority, but I do not use Word as email editor. Bleeech, yuck, ugh. I may be able to offer suggestions if you post the steps you are taking, and some code. But, really...bleech, yuck.

Tell the truth...I still refuse to use Outlook if I can help it. And I try to keep Word for its original purpose.....a word processor. Not an HTML editor (which it does badly), or a graphics layout application (which it does poorly), or a browser (don't get me started.....), or an email editor (ditto).

I like my applications to do what they are supposed to do. I use an email application to use email. I use a word processor to process words. Sure, it is great to have them talk to each other, but it has become so bloatedly messy with them blending...that it is not really talking anymore, it is more like loud mumbling.

There, my rant for the day...

samuelwright
12-19-2005, 08:49 AM
I hear you Gerry:yes

I dont like to use Word as my editor either...keep emails simple...I like the KISS-KISS approach (Keep It Simple, Stupid - Kos Im Stupid, See?). However, not everyone I work with feels the same. I want to share my work with them, but I dont want it to matter if they feel the need to use Word as their editor.

The problem arises when the app is Outlook...I apologise that this is the Word Forum...I wasnt getting very far there. Therefore, since this is a problem related to both apps, I thought I would try both forums (apologies if this breaks VBAX etiquette). Anyway, I have attached my project if you would like to have a look and see what you think:

fumei
12-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Can not read your files.