PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Characteristics of an AutoShape Connector

Cyberdude
12-19-2005, 11:08 AM
There is an AutoShape called a connector. It is basically a line with a small circle on each end. I would like to use it at times to connect two objects on a chart and have the ends attached to the objects it is connecting, so that if one or both of the connected objects moves, then the connector would stretch or contract to accommodate that movement and still remain connected. That doesn't seem to happen. The connector doesn't actually "connect". I have a feeling that it's supposed to and that I have to do something to make it happen. What must I do?

Later: Never mind . . . I figured it out. Gotta do a lot of clicking here and there.

TrippyTom
12-20-2005, 09:58 AM
You shouldn't have to do a lot of clicking. The way they work is the dots turn red when they "snap to" an object. If there are too many objects in the same area they sometimes get confused or snap to the wrong objects. Make sure your page is clear of extra objects that are there but seem "invisible" before you use connectors.

In some cases, you do want invisible objects to adjust where your connector snaps to. For instance, if you want two connector lines coming from the same object, you have to add a point on the object or add an invisible object behind it and adjust it's center point to look like it's attaching to the other one.

Cyberdude
12-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Thanx, Trippy! I see what you mean. I think I've got it now. That's neat!