PDA

View Full Version : Frightened to tunnel!

paulked
03-25-2019, 08:35 PM
Hi all.

I am after some advice before I go down the wrong route!

We have a Database on our website that, amongst other things, holds sales data for tickets to our events. A couple of years ago I wrote some code that gets the data from that MySQL DB into a table in excel, working fine until...

We have just switched our hosting and our new website is now on cPanel run by ukdedicated.

I asked them how to connect and they won't allow me to use direct connection to the site, they want me to use an SSH Tunnel.

I know nothing about tunnelling apart from everything I've tried doesn't work (PuTTY etc) so I thought about emails.

I get an email every time we sell a ticket so thought that I could move each relevant email to a folder, link that folder to an access db and then get the data from access.

I tried to do that but the linked table wizard won't work so I am currently re-installing Access!

So then I thought about running a script in outlook every time a new email came in and, if it was a ticket sale, strip the details out of the body text and append it to a table in either access or excel.

Before I go any further I was wondering which would be the best route to go down.

Many thanks a) if you've read this far and b) for any advice you can give.

Best regards

Paul Ked

paulked
03-25-2019, 09:53 PM
Update: An Office 365 a re-install does not bring back the wizards! :think: