PDA

View Full Version : copying part of a web document in access

pdeshazier
12-20-2005, 06:45 PM
hello,

a coworker of mine has recently designed an access dbase which needs to contain parts of text from html documents in it. she didn't know how to accomplish this from within access, so she created an excel file containing links to the html docs, which we're supposed to click on, copy the text, then paste it into the appropriate part of the access form. is there any way to automate this process using vb?:help

OBP
01-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Is the data pasted in to more than one feld?

pdeshazier
01-06-2006, 08:42 AM
yes. potentially 6 memo fields. will vary among "records" which so far, will be several rows in an excel s/sheet - that's the only way i can figure out how to do it. :hi: any ideas? thanks.

geekgirlau
01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Can you post a sample of the Excel spreadsheet?

OBP
01-09-2006, 03:28 AM
You can have the links in a special Access field, in the fields design properties choose the field type "Hyperlink".
For the copy & paste operation you can just paste in directly from the web document using paste special "text".

pdeshazier
01-11-2006, 06:49 AM
how do i post the spreadsheet here?

pdeshazier
01-11-2006, 06:50 AM
obp,

will i code these steps in vb to do the copy/paste?

OBP
01-11-2006, 07:21 AM
To post the Access database you would have to zip it, to post a small Excel spreadsheet you can post directly. In the Reply go to "Advanced" and use the "Manage Attachments" to findand upload the files.
You can use VBA for the Paste Special operation from the web, but you still have to "copy the sections of text that you want.