PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] NEED A LOOP TO COPY DATA

SteveM99
04-25-2019, 03:19 PM
I need to create the correct vba excel code to help me copy data ranges from one sheet into another for further work. I am stuck in figuring out how to cycle through the copying process. Data will be in a sheet called "Report" between columns A and L with blank rows (not really blank) between data ranges. I was able to figure out how to define the beginning and ending rows in the "Report" sheet in another sheet and consequently got as far as getting the ranges i.e. A6:L31 is one range, A33:L68 is another and so on. How do I start and loop through the copying process so I can process the ranges separately. My data in the Report sheet will change for every analysis I do and so my ranges will vary in quantity and length. I guess I am asking for a reliable looping cycle until all data ranges are analyzed.

rothstein
04-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Please explain what you meant when said "with blank rows (not really blank) between data ranges"... what does "not really blank" mean? Remember, we cannot see your data, so you have to describe/explain everything about it to us when you ask your question.

SteveM99
04-25-2019, 05:44 PM
They appear blank but when I use formulas and reference any of those cells I get #value! error. Also, when I go home or end and the direction arrow in a column of data it blows past those blank rows, meaning there is something in there otherwise a pit stop would have been made at the empty cell. Not sure when exactly the rows or data in general got formatted the way it is for those rows to appear blank. It does help to have the cells clean (truly empty) so a vba filtered data approach could be used on the data instead.

SteveM99
04-25-2019, 06:13 PM
I have decided to mark this thread as solved as I have decided to deal with the process differently. Thank you for replying.